Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Raise it up

As I discuss in the last post we wanted to raise the height of the toilet to make it easier for our old bones. Since I now had all the parts and we had a couple days before our next adventure I decided it was a good time to get it done.
The install was rather easy. Make sure the water pump was off, disconnect the filler line and take off the two bolts that hold it to the floor. The riser that we bought from Thetford is made to fit almost all types of toilets. I needed to drill one hole in the back for the filler hose to run through but they even had a spot marked on the underside as a drill guide. I used a 1" drill bit and drilled from the bottom. After placing the new longer bolts on the floor flange I ran the fill line through the hole that had been drilled and aligned the bolts with the holes in the extension. The toilet then attache to these bolts. Make sure you tighten them down alternating between the two until it is snug to the floor. I then attached the 6" extension hose to the fill line and the toilet. Turned on the water and checked for leaks.


It took me less than an hour to install. Might have been less but I had to run to the basement to drill the hole. For us it was a great upgrade for under $40. And something anybody with a little home improvement skill level could handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts